ISTQB Advanced Level/Test Automation Engineer Certificate Course in Oslo (3 days)
The ISTQB Advanced Test Automation Engineer Certificate Course is a three-day course explaining the tasks of a test automation engineer (TAE) in designing, developing, and maintaining test automation solutions.
The course provides participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to guide a test automation project.
We focuse on the concepts, methods, tools, and processes for automating dynamic functional tests and the relationship of those tests to test management, configuration management, defect management, software development processes and quality assurance.
The course includes exercises and practice exams to highlight key aspects of the syllabus and to help participants understand and practice the concepts and methods presented.
Methods described are generally applicable across variety of software lifecycle approaches (e.g., agile, sequential, incremental, iterative), types of software systems (e.g., embedded, distributed, mobile) and test types (functional and non-functional testing).
As the course material and the certification exam are in English, the participants are expected to have good command of English language. You will not need any specific preparation, nor a computer for the duration for the course.
Who will benefit
This 3-day course is appropriate for professionals in roles such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, software developers, and anyone wishing to gain the ISTQB Advanced Test Automation Engineer certificate.
This course may also be appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software test automation.
The certification is aimed at professionals who are working or preparing to start working within a tool supported software testing environment.
People possessing an ISTQB Advanced Test Automation Engineer certificate may use the Certified Tester Advanced Level acronym: ISTQB CTAL-TAE.
Advanced Level testers, who have passed the “Advanced Test Automation Engineer” module exam, can be expected to:
• Contribute to the development of a plan to integrate automated testing within the testing process.
• Evaluate tools and technology for automation best fit to each project and organization.
• Create an approach and methodology for building a test automation architecture (TAA).
• Design and develop (new or modified) test automation solutions that meet the business needs.
• Enable the transition of testing from a manual to an automated approach.
• Create automated test reporting and metrics collection.
• Manage and optimize testing assets to facilitate maintainability and address evolving (test) systems.
Certified Advanced Test Automation Engineers should be able to demonstrate their skills in the following areas:
• Explain the objectives, advantages, disadvantages, and limitations of test automation.
• Identify technical success factors of a test automation project.
• Analyze a system under test to determine the appropriate automation solution.
• Analyze test automation tools for a given project and report technical findings and recommendations.
• Understand "design for testability" and "design for test automation" methods applicable to the Software Under Test (SUT).
• Explain the structure of the Generic Test Automation Architecture (gTAA).
• Analyze factors of implementation, use, and maintenance requirements for a given Test Automation Solution (TAS).
• Explain the factors to be considered when identifying reusability of components.
• Apply guidelines that support effective test tool pilot and deployment activities.
• Analyze deployment risks and identify technical issues that could lead to failure of the test automation project, and plan mitigation strategies.
• Understand which factors support and affect maintainability.
• Classify metrics that can be used to monitor the test automation strategy and effectiveness.
• Explain how a test execution report is constructed and published.
• Apply criteria for determining the suitability of tests for automation.
• Understand the factors in transitioning from manual to automation testing.
• Explain the factors to consider in implementing automated regression testing, new feature testing, and confirmation testing.
• Verify the correctness of an automated test environment including test tool setup.
• Verify the correct behavior for a given automated test script and/or test suite.
• Analyze the technical aspects of a deployed test automation solution and provide recommendations for improvement.
The Exam - 28 February 09.00 - 11.00
The Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer exam is going to be in English, the duration of the exam is 113 minutes. The exam comprises 40 multiple-choice questions, with a pass mark grade of 65%.
Candidates for the ISTQB Advanced Test Automation Engineer certificate exam should hold the ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate (CTFL).Exam fee is included in the course fee.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Terms & Conditions
The dates of the course may vary depending on number of participants with prior information to the candidates.
Cancellation : Registrations can be cancelled for free upto 3 weeks prior to the course date.